On November 28th, The Cohousing Research Network (CRN) will be joining a national day of generosity, #GivingTuesday. Giving Tuesday is a single day when individuals and communities come together to support the causes that matter most to them. It’s also a day when you can make a big impact and help ensure that CRN’s projects serve everyone in our community.
If you participate in holiday giving, please consider supporting us. As a volunteer-run organization with no paid staff, every dollar we raise goes directly towards website hosting, technology software, projects and events.
Even a modest gift will help us. You can donate securely on our donation page which we share with the Cohousing Association. Make sure you designate that your donation is for Cohousing Research Network at the bottom of the page.
Click Donate Now! or the Donate button in the right hand sidebar!
Here’s some of what we’ve been up to in 2017:
- We executed three collaborative nation-wide studies of Cohousing, including setting a precedent for a 5-year cycle of recurring Cohousing community-level and household/individual-level surveys.
- Through these research efforts we provided material support for a doctoral dissertation and a master’s thesis.
- We presented research at the National Coho/US conference in Nashville and at the Elder Cohousing Symposium in Wilmington NC.
- We added Robert as a new Steering Committee member.
- Heidi secured a grant to compare coho and condos in terms of resident civic/political engagement.
- We applied for an NSF grant.
- Our research-l community has grown to 78 subscribers!
- We secured funding for providing material support for Fiona P’s research, which we have been using to build out a searchable bibliographic database.
- We are building a database for our online Bibliography – which has grown to over 150 articles – which will soon searchable by author, article name, year of publication and keyword
We are grateful for your #GivingTuesday donation.
Neil and the Cohousing Research Network team
Neil is a founding resident at Swan’s Market Cohousing